Voting Deadline is February 1st.
Cast your Vote:
Paper Ballot Sheets (To download and print for students to vote)
To be Qualified to Vote Each Student:
- Must read 3 or more titles on the ballot.
- Must live in Louisiana.
- Must be in grades 3-5 or in grades 6-8 (or equivalent).
- Students with special needs may participate regardless of their grade.
- May vote only once and vote for only one book
How To Submit Votes
- Each student may vote in his/her participating school or public library.
- Teachers and librarians must total the votes of their class or group and submit the tally. Individual ballots from students in groups will not be accepted. You may submit your votes online with the Vote Submittal Forms above.
- The Vote Submittal Forms may be submitted online (see the links above) or printed and faxed to (225) 219-4804.
- The Vote Submittal Forms may be mailed to Library Development, State Library of Louisiana, PO Box 131, Baton Rouge, LA 70821.
- Children who do not have access to a participating school or library may submit the Vote Submittal Form directly from the web site or they may mail or fax the ballot.
- Blind and physically handicapped students may submit their votes directly to the Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. Call 1-800-543-4702.
- The Vote Submittal Forms must be filled out completely with name and complete address. Incomplete forms will not be counted.
How to Request Voting Machines for Your School
Contact: Secretary of State Voter Outreach Division
The Secretary of State's Voter Outreach Division provides electronic voting machines upon which students can cast their vote for their favorite book. The Secretary of State believes that this is an excellent civic and educational opportunity.
You may email or fax in your request.
When requesting the voting machines please include:
• Contact name and phone number
• School’s name and address
• Grade level(s) participating
• Approximate number of students participating in each grade level
• Be sure to send in your request NO LATER THAN December 8.
Please remember that the voting machines do not send the votes to the State Library. You still must submit the Tally of the votes to the State Library.