ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION
POSITION: Library Director, West Baton Rouge Parish Library
DATE AVAILABLE: April 1, 2017
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, within range of $54,000 and $67,000
The Library Director is responsible for all areas of library management including planning, policy recommendation and implementation, personnel management, budget and finances, collection management, technology, community outreach, and building maintenance.
- Master of Library and Information Science Degree from an ALA-accredited library science program
- Executive Certification from the Louisiana State Board of Library Examiners (or be eligible to obtain Certification within first year of employment)
- Administrative and supervisory experience (minimum of five years, public library preferred)
- Experience in budgeting and financial administration
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in writing and speech with Board members, employees, and the public
- Proven organizational and human resource management skills
BENEFITS: Paid sick and vacation leave, and generous holidays. The Library currently pays 100% of health insurance (employee and family) and provides a $25,000 life insurance policy for full-time employees. The Library pays for continuing education expenses and for attendance at professional conferences.
LOCATION: West Baton Rouge Parish Library is located in Port Allen, Louisiana, a small town directly across the Mississippi River from Baton Rouge – the best of both worlds, a small rural parish with easy access to the cultural and economic opportunities of a major metropolitan area. West Baton Rouge Parish Library proudly serves a population of 25,600 through the Main Library, bookmobile, and outreach van with a staff of twenty and an annual budget of approximately $1,500,000.
TO APPLY: Send letter of application, resume’, and contact information for a minimum of three professional references to:
Director’s Search Committee
West Baton Rouge Parish Library
830 North Alexander Avenue
Port Allen, Louisiana 70767
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 17, 2017
West Baton Rouge Parish Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug test are conditions of employment.