Placing an Order
Registered readers of the State Library’s Talking Books and Braille Library may place an order for recorded books, large print titles, or descriptive videos by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or via our TBBL OPAC On-line Public Access Catalog. If you do not have an TBBL OPAC User ID and Password, please call the TBBL library and request one from your reader advisor.
• Phone: Call 1-800-543-4702 or (225) 342-0035. Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on holidays. After hours, callers may leave messages. Callers with long title request lists should call during business hours.
• Mail Book Requests to: State Library of Louisiana, Talking Books and Braille Library, 701 North Fourth St., Baton Rouge, LA 70802.
• Fax Requests to: (225) 342-6817
• Log on to the TBBL OPAC Online Public Access Catalog
Help TBBL serve you better. When sending an order by mail, fax or e-mail, or when leaving a message, please include the following information:
• First and last name, with spelling;
• Telephone number;
• Address. (If there is more than one patron with the same name, the address will allow your request to be processed.); and
• When ordering for someone else, provide that person’s name and address. Please include your name and phone number as well.
Home Delivery of Materials
Books and materials are mailed to your home as “Free Matter for the Blind and Handicapped” and may be returned to the library the same way. No postage is necessary.