The State Library strives to be a comfortable and inviting space for all citizens. Everyone is welcome to enter and use the resources of the State Library provided they follow library signs and adhere to the following:
Please do not:
- Engage in any illegal activity or behavior.
- Vandalize library facilities, equipment or materials.
- Enter without shoes or shirt.
- Bring in animals except service animals.
- Harass other library users or library staff (physical, sexual or verbal abuse).
- Sell, solicit, panhandle, loiter or engage in political activity.
- Distribute leaflets or post notices that are not authorized by the library administration, either inside the Library or on Library premises.
- Eat, drink or smoke.
- Leave children under the age of 12 unattended. Children must be accompanied by someone at least 15 years of age.
- Talk loudly over a prolonged period of time or make noise that is offensive to other library users.
- Bathe, shave or wash clothes.
- Block aisles or shelving with personal items or leave such items unattended at any time.
- Remove library materials from the building without checking them out.
Persons who fail to observe these guidelines may be asked to leave the building.