Nursery Rhyme Printable Mini Books
The State Library of Louisiana presents 24 one-page mini printable nursery rhyme books that children can color and keep. Directions for folding the mini books and tips for sharing them with children are below.
Directions for Printing and Folding Mini Books
1. Print out the page for one of the rhymes. Find the word “Name” above the title of the rhyme.
2. Turn the page so that the picture with the word “Name” is the bottom right-hand picture on the page. This will be the cover of the book.
3. Flip the page over. Now the picture with the word “Name” should be face down in the bottom left-hand corner image.
4. With images face down, fold down the top of the page to the bottom of the page.
5. You should be looking at the inside of the book, not the picture with the word “Name.”
6. Now fold from left to right. You should see the picture with the word “Name” which is the cover of the book.
7. Write the child’s name on the line next to the word “Name.” Start with a capital letter and use lowercase letters for the rest of the name. This will help the child learn to recognize their name in print.
8. Have fun reading the book to the child over and over!
Download all 24 Printable Mini Books
Printable Mini Books by Title
Click on the titles of the rhymes below for the one-page printable mini books.
Are You Sleeping?
Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
Hey, Diddle Diddle
I’m a Little Teapot
Jack and Jill
Mary Had a Little Lamb
Oh, Where, Oh, Where Has My Little Dog Gone?
Pop! Goes the Weasel
Row, Row, Row Your Boat
See-Saw, Margery Daw
Sing a Song of Sixpence
The Ants Go Marching
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
The Muffin Man
The Mulberry Bush
The Wheels on the Bus
This Old Man
Three Blind Mice
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star