The Louisiana Center for the Book in the State Library of Louisiana is hosting five WordShops Friday, Oct. 30, in Baton Rouge. Louisiana Book Festival author-instructors Kent Wascom, Alice Friman, Molly Antopol, Skip Horack, Christopher Schaberg and Sarah Russo will cover topics including historical fiction, poetry, fiction, nonfiction and publishing.
1. Waking the Dead: Crafting Historical Fiction, Kent Wascom Provides tools to write great fiction based in historical incident.
2. The Rough Draft in Poetry, or Which Comes First, the Chicken or the Egg? Or Both?, Alice Friman Concentrates on three good ways to assure a viable rough draft.
3. Finding Your Form: Exploring Storytelling through Fiction and Memoir, Molly Antopol and Skip Horack Discusses elements essential to storytelling and how to best fit form to material.
4. Experimental Nonfiction: Writing the Known, Writing the Unknown, Christopher Schaberg Presents about writing from experience as well as through exploratory methods.
5. The Publicity Philosophy: How to Think Like a Publicist Even If You Can’t Afford to Hire One, Sarah Russo, literary publicist Encourages writers to think strategically about publishing goals and provides them with constructive takeaways.
For more information and to register, call 225.219.9503 or visit LouisianaBookFestival.org/WordShops.html.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Library of Louisiana
Office of the Lieutenant Governor